2011年9月29日木曜日

What is my precious thing?

I have many precious things. As Mark wrote down in his blog, I think my family, grandmother, friends, church, and many other things are the precious. However, not people but memory, experience or feelings are also precious things for me. Today, I will write about one of my precious memories.

When I was 5th grade in elementary school, I went to Australia as a homestay program. It was about 2 weeks. As I wrote in my blog, I took part in the long camp in the previous year. Through this camp, I came to think that I want to challenge anything without hesitation. Therefore, I decided to visit Australia in the next summer break.

The experiences there were so fantastic and precious!! I had been only to Hawaii before visiting Australia, so I could not imagine the atmosphere of outside Japan. Life styles, language, foods, school… all things I experienced were quite different from life in Japan. First of all, I had to speak English!! Although I went to English school in Japan, I had never talked with native speakers before. It was even hard for me to tell my host mother what I want to do. However, I gradually realized that even if I cannot speak English, I can communicate with others and enjoy my life there if I make an effort to achieve them. Though my English skill did not make progress well after the homestay, I got a precious thing; that is, to communicate with others from my heart. I think it is important to have an enthusiasm to tell something to others in order to make them understand what I really want to say.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿